Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors"

This last Sunday Dr. Terry Swicegood gave a fantastic sermon, one that really resinated in my soul.

"Forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors"

For the last couple Sundays the sermons have been on the Lords prayer. We have taken apart the entire prayer to understand it truly line by line.

Do you ever sit in church and say The Lords Prayer and ever wonder what your really praying? I have found myself doing that a number of times, but never really taking the time to understand it. I was so impressed when i heard that understanding the prayer was exactly what the next few weeks of sermons would be.

This specific line in the prayer really got my attention. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things to do, yet one of the most important. Christ made the ultimate sacrifice so that we would constantly be forgiven for our sins. Yet it seems so much harder for us. I found it interesting that this one little line would have such a powerful meaning to it. Making that move to forgive another person is such a big deal and something only one with a forgiving heart can do.

Its defiantly not an easy thing to do. How is the world was Christ able to do that for us? He is so incredible! God forgives us whenever we ask him to. He forgives us for some of the most awful things, yet we can't forgive people for things that are hardly as important?!?!? When you think about it, its really quite silly and juvenile. Everyone deserves forgiveness no matter who they are or what they have done. It really got me thinking about they people in my life that need forgiveness or gosh the forgiveness i need to receive. When we are able to  forgive it truly is the grace of God working through us.

I loved this sermon so much! I wanted to share how powerful it was and how it can really get you thinking about your own life and the wrongs you really need to make right. Try forgiving someone today, trust me it will make you feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...