Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Loosen That Grip...

I heard a quote today:

"Whatever you are holding on to in this life, hold it loosely so it won't hurt when the Lord has to pry your fingers open to take it away." 

WOW, i mean does that just stop you in your tracks?!?! I had to bold it, italicize it, change its color and make it very big so that EVERYONE could see it! This quote smacked me right in the face and made me really think about the things i hold too tightly, (monetary things, fears, our house, people), i thought are they really worth that tight grip (the one thats totally cramping my style) i have on them. As i was thinking about each of these things individually, I was able to loosen that grip on a lot of them and be ok with it. I even feel a little less stressed knowing that i have no control over any of it anyways. I know it will take longer then a day to get that thought to be a constant in my mind, (a habit is formed after doing something everyday for three weeks) but i think it is something worth wrapping my pretty little head around.

If you think about it, at any moment you could loose a job, a friend, your house or a battle. What really is the point of holding on to these things so tightly? Think about it, make a list of what you feel could be holding you back by holding on too tightly. Go through that list and loosen your grip, it feels so good.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely love it and it is so so true. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goosebumps!!! I am so glad you shared this! It really puts things into perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...