Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

A December To Reflect....



I am so excited to have joined this new group called Reverb 10, check it out! It is a group of people who have gotten together to reflect of the last year and to talk about the year to come. They prompt you with a question everyday until the last day of December. You blog about it and then at the end you are able to look back and reflect on what you have done and what you are looking forward to doing. I thought it was such a great idea! Obviously i don't have a ton of time on my hand with my two little munchkins running around, but i think i can commit to writing a little each day. Thanks Dana for introducing me to it! So my first question is.....


Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?



The community that i have connected with in a HUGE way this year was God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. They showed me themselves in a big way. I have learned so much and connected with so many amazing people. God has brought truly wonderful people into my (our) lives this year. I have conquered so many hills and valleys in my life and it all because if the Lord. I have never felt him as much as i have this year. There is no better feeling in the world. I can do absolutely anything because he is on my side. I have done things this year that i would never have imagined myself doing. My soul seems to have been quieted and i feel so incredibly humbled. There is always work to do, but i truly feel like a new, different (in a great way) and confident person. I thank the Lord everyday for opening my eyes (finally) and using me to his utmost advantage. 

I also joined a great group of people all over the world in the Organic food movement and studied (thank you Jill) the effects that the American food industry has on our health and the health of our children. The importance of healthy eating effects everything you do and feel. It is a lot to take in and a lot to understand, but totally worth every bit of time spent. Not only are we eating healthier, but our children are learning to eat the correct way. I know lots of people still don't believe in it (i was the biggest anti organic before i did my research), but its worth every single penny and all your time, if not for you then at least for your children. Hey my mom has even jumped on, once she started researching it. Another fantastic group! 



As far a which community i would like to join in the coming year and become more involved in, i want to dive deeper in my faith, bible study and our couples small group. I plan on volunteering in a women's shelter. God has really blessed my family and i feel like we need to pay that forward and volunteer as much of our time as we can trying to make others lives a little easier. I want my girls to always know that serving others is one of the greatest gifts you can give. Lastly i would love to join a women's running group! I have been a runner for years now and i think it is so much easier to run when you have people supporting you. I have to start researching some groups in my area. 


What a fantastic way to reflect and get some writing in:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...