Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Am Thankful For My Road

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving. I love getting together with my family. I love feeling thankful! I never need a holiday to be thankful. I feel thankful every day of my life. I am abundantly thankful for God, my children, family, health, jobs, love and everything else i have been given.

When i was thinking about it this year i decided that what i'm most thankful for is the doors that have been slammed in my face and the other doors that have been opened wide. I am thankful that i can let go and be happy with who I am. I am so thankful for this road that i have traveled down and so look forward to the road already out there in front of me.

Brad and i were talking about it the other day and came to the conclusion that our relationship has gone through more in 5 years of marriage then most have in 70. I am so thankful that our marriage is a solid one! I am thankful for all the good and bad that has happened and i am even more happy to have all that awful badness is out of our lives forever! Our family is so much better without it.

This thanksgiving was a special one on the Gierke side. The newest member of the family, Jordan Richard (our nephew) was introduced to one of his great grandmothers. It is actually her first great grandson. I won't go into all the detail, but God certainly played a  huge role in his birth and all the puzzle pieces that connected his precious life and his mommy's life to ours. The Gierke family is overjoyed to have such a wonderful women join the family. This family is so filled with love and is such a rock in our lives. We just adore all of them!

We ended Thanksgiving at my parents house. It was beautiful as always and the food and company was even better. Our girls just adore Mimi & Papa, we do too:) After dinner we took the whole crew over to our new house to show them all the construction and to try to piece together what our house is going to look like in a few weeks. Everyone loved it and were excited to see if finished. So are we:)

So this year i continue to be thankful for all the positive loving people that surround our lives. I have learned so much this year about everything. The road we are traveling down isn't always easy, but with some great travel partners it sure makes it exciting and totally worth the ride. I am thankful for my road!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...